Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A new doctor...

I posted on yet another social networking site www.momslikeme.com where they have a page for Alexandria, LA asking about OB/GYNs in the area. I figure that's what I would do if I knew people around here, so why not? I got a couple of recommendations for the practice that I went to in January, and I got one rave review of another doctor. So, I called his office and made an appointment. He also makes you wait until 8 weeks, but when I told the receptionist that I was not excited about that because I wasn't sure if I'd stick with him she offered to let me come in next week to see the nurse practitioner for my bloodwork and said that I could meet the doctor then. I am super excited because of the things the lady on the message board told me and the things the receptionist told me. He sounds like much more my type of doctor. He has the NP, but you don't have to see her unless he's actually called out on an emergency. The receptionist said that lots of women prefer to see the NP because she's female. That doesn't really bother me...I'd prefer not to have anyone "down there", so whether it's a man or a woman doesn't really enter into the equation.

Anyway, I'm excited to go and DO something. I'm taking my vitamins, and trying not to eat everything in sight, but I'm really craving SunnyD and Dr. Pepper right now. I tried to break out my pregnancy books tonight, but I can't find them and it's driving me crazy. I suppose tomorrow I'll spend the day searching high and low for them because I can't remember where they were put in the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment